WCA’s “Commissioners’ Conversation on Children” took place on Thursday, June 22, 2023 at Greenbugh Public Library with several County Commissioners. The event was open to the public, and we had a full room.
The goal of the “Commissioners’ Conversation on Children” is to bring together county officials to discuss the preliminary release of numbers and information from WCA’s “2023 Westchester Children by the Numbers Data Bulletin”. Children By the Numbers Data Bulletin is a statistical portrait of the issues facing Westchester’s children today. The “Conversation” provided a platform for county officials to share their vision of how their department will work towards a better future for Westchester’s children, youth, and young adults and an opportunity for the public to hear it. The following Commissioners were on hand:
- Michael Orth, Department of Community Mental Health
- Kathleen O’Connor, Department of Parks and Recreation
- Rocco Pozzi, Department of Probation
- Leonard Townes, Department of Social Services
- DaMia Harris, Westchester County Youth Bureau
WCA plans to host an annual Commissioners Conversations on Children to obtain updates and insights into progress on each of the areas of support provided to the children of Westchester.
“Commissioners’ Conversation” Media & News Coverage
- LoHud, June 26, 2023: Mental Health, Poverty, Homelessness: Westchester Officials Talk Kids’ Biggest Challenges
- The Examiner News, June 26, 2003: Child Advocates, Westchester Officials Address Challenges Facing Kids
- See the slides presented at the “Commissioners’ Conversation”