The Edit C. Macy Distinguished Service Award
The Edith C. Macy Distinguished Service Award will recognize and honor an individual or group with an outstanding record of advocacy and accomplishments which have substantially benefitted children in Westchester.
With this award, WCA honors the memory of Edith Carpenter Macy, an advocate, activist, and benefactor on behalf of children. For over two decades until her death in 1925, Edith C. Macy demonstrated pioneering philanthropic work and a great talent for networking and organizing which resulted in innovative programs, services, and policy initiatives benefiting poor children in New York City and in Westchester County.
In 1914, the Children’s Committee was incorporated as the Westchester Children’s Association, and Mrs. Macy continued for years as its Vice President and dynamic leader. Edith Carpenter Macy remains today an inspiration to WCA members and other child advocates for her sustained dedication, leadership, hard work, and generosity for the improvement of the lives of children, wherever they are.
- 2007 Kathryn Wasserman Davis, PhD
- 2008 Dr. Philip Landrigan
- 2009 African American Men of Westchester, Inc.
- 2010 Eileen Santiago, EdD
- 2011 award not given
- 2012 Peter Herrero
- 2013 Genevieve Piturro
- 2014 Patricia Lanza (awarded posthumously)
- 2015 award not given
- 2016 Allan Houston
- 2017 Eileen Fisher
- 2018 John and Brenda Fareri & Dr. Michael Gewitz
- 2019 Nicholas Kristof
- 2020 Umran Beba
- 2021 Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton
Corporate Children’s Champion Award
Westchester Children’s Association Corporate Children’s Champion Award recognizes and honors a business or organization with an outstanding record of advocacy, actions, and/or philanthropy that has substantially benefitted young people in Westchester.
- 2017 The Westchester Bank
- 2018 Richard French III and Regional News Network
- 2019 PCSB Bank
- 2020 Dawna Michelle Fields, Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures
- 2021 Greater Hudson Valley (NY) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated and Westchester County (NY) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated
Lifetime Achievement Award
The WCA Lifetime Achievement Award is intended for individuals with noteworthy years of dedication to improving the lives of children and recognizes the significant impact these individuals have had on the greater Westchester community.
- 2018 Cora Greenberg
- 2019 Karen Blumenthal
- 2020 Louise De Vel Muller
- 2021 Kate Weingarten